Translate

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Review: Korres lip butters

This isn't going to be an actual review, I would call it more a product rave post. By the way, why did everyone stop calling positive posts that way? It totally brings back memories of Lollipop26 blog and channel. Oh, the golden age of beauty community! Anyways, back to the topic.

I've been using and repurchasing Korres lip butters for what it seems like ages (3 years at least, I think). What I like about them - it's that they hit all the boxes - moisturize lips, have nice taste, smell and texture. And if you want, they can add a color, or you can go with a clear/white one in Guava. I don't have it right now to show you a swatch, as I usually buy it closer to the winter time to use it overnight, but it tastes and smells AMAZING. But if you plan to wear it out on its own, I suggest a mirror and a moderate application. Or you might get blotchy zombie lips.

So, here are the the ones that I currently own:

Wild rose, Pomegranate and Jasmine

All of them are similar in consistency and efficiency. A quality, rare even for high-end lip products. And this quality has quite impressed me recently. I normally count on this kind of products only as a preventative measure. So it came as quite a shock, when a Korres lip butter has actually worked as a treatment. I used it on my vacation (mostly as it was the only lip balm I had taken) when after a great day out I ended up getting extremely dry and chapped lips (I am not sure if it's even a term, but they were wind burnt). 3 days and my lips were back to normal.
Swatches are in the same order: wild rose, pomegranate, guava.
And here's what they look like on
Bare lips
Swatch: Korres lip butter in Jasmin
 Swatch: Korres lip butter in Pomegranate 
Swatch: Korres lip butter in Wild Rose

CLOSED: GIVEAWAY!!!

And here's a chance for you to try it yourself. 

I chose Wild rose color as it's a great way to sport a darker lip for fall, but at the same time, it's safe and doesn't make you look like you've been eating raspberry jam straight from a jar. And having a tube version will let you use it on the go, without having to use your fingers (I know, I'm not the only germ-freak out there).

All you have to do is to follow my blog and let me know in the comment section if you want to win it. This giveaway is open internationally and will close in two weeks on Thursday, 20th 11:59 PM EST. Good luck

6 comments:

Savannah said...

I love their lip butters, I have Pomegranate. I follow your blog via GFC (Savannah) and I would love to win!

xxx

Sabrina said...

I have never tried a Korres lip butter before. I've heard great things about it. I would love to win it! :)

Szappanbubi said...

I1m a GFC follower as Szappanbubi.
I'd like to try them, this Wild Rose has such a bright and vital colour *_*
thanks*

Supergirl said...

Wow!! I adore Korres!! That would be great chance to try it as I was eyeing on it long time:)
Thanks for this chance! Please count me in;)

I am GFC follower as Supergir
E-mail supremeliving.girl@gmail.com

Best wishes!
xx

The Simplest Method said...

I never tried Korres before, I'm loyal to EOS :) but I'd love to try something new!

I follow via GFC under the name Lynn.

thanks!

Cheby h said...

So far I have only tried their hand cream and would love to finally try their famous lip butter

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...