Translate

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I don't like it: Smashbox ultimate eyes in brown

I love Smashbox eyeshadows, and I love a good bargain. So when this quad went on sale in Sephora for $10 I was happy and expected great new looks to come.
sorry for the shadow in the middle, but this pic turned out to show the most true to life colors

How can you not fall in live with this colors, right?
Finger swatches got me even more excited. They felt way creamier than the Smashbox shadows I own and the colors looked even more charming
 Flash
Daylight

And even though I got my order in the evening I didn't hesitate to apply them that same day. 
But only to realize that things aren't always as good as they seem.
That's what they look like on

Fairly good, but nothing like the color in the palette (the color in the crease is actually purple). It dusted up pretty badly when applied with a brush and the fell off was definitely noticeable as well.

If you are still keen on getting it anyways, I actually came across a trick how to make it look as good as a swatch. Once you applied the first dry layer, try going over it with wet brush application.
Here's what you'll get

But the bad thing, is that you can't get away with Just wet application, it will look very uneven and messy. And the double layer routine can be too much for the everyday basis.

2 comments:

Savannah said...

Aww that's disappointing, it looked really nice when swatched!

xxx

Irene said...

it really is, Savannah.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...