Translate

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Revlon nudes introducing Charm


 Swatches in the same order
Nude Attitude - Soft Nude - Creme Brulee - Charm
And here are my two cents =)

Revlon Matte lipstick 001 in Nude Attitude. Love the color, a worm nude, doesn't wash off a fair complexion. Has a good staying power, but as it accentuates all the dry patches I would never think I had, its virtually impossible to use by itself, so the staying power really depends on the balm I use underneath.

Revlon Lipstick 070 in Soft nude. I would say this is the safest out of them all. Sheer but buildable. Adds peach wormth to your lips and never makes you look ill (unlike Gosh Darling, for instance). Safe on dry patches when applied with a light hand.

Revlon Colorburst Lipbutter 095 in Creme Brulee. The darkest of all my Nudes, for pigmented lips it comes off even a bit brownish. Lasts as long as any lipstick, but then again, all lipstick last an hour on me, I must be talking way too much =). On some days I noticed that my lips feel a bit dry after I take it off. On some days they were not, so I can't actually point my finger at this product. Even if you have super dry lips you can slap it on in a dozen layers and now dry patches will show through. But it is a bit on the heavy side.

So I was no exception and gave into the hype.
I bought the new and oh so talked about Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm stain number 035 - Charm.

And I am glad I did. Yes, the reviews that say it's a bit drying by the end of the day do have their reason. It can be sometimes. But so are some lip-balms, as the infamous EOS or Burt's Bees (its peppermint taste/feel is also the same). Well, at least to me. We are all different, lets not forget about it.
Stain-wise, I do see a peachy color left on my lips after the balm itself is gone, but let's not forget it's a stain, not a long-lasting lipstick, so don't expect it to keep the same finish throughout the day. I imagine, that with brighter colors it will be way more vibrant. In my opinion it's fairly nice for lips, but if you have dry patches it will accentuate it.

Sorry for no lip swatches, maybe next time.


2 comments:

Alina Anghel said...

great review! xx

http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

Cinnamon said...

thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...