Translate

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Review: Revlon Photoready 3D Volume mascara (vs They're real)

I have never liked drugstore mascaras, they have never liked me, so I didn't necessarily had high hopes for this one.

Originally, it was Tiffany D's haul that made me curios about new Revlon's mascara. You see, I've got a soft spot in my heart for this brand. They are everything a girl might want in a cheer-me-up-makeup: cruelty and for the most part of its range paraben free, great accessibility and nice quality. I do think though that there prices have gotten a bit too much for a drugstore brand. I saw there new polishes cost around $7, what a .... *no comments*

so back to the mascara
Brush-wise, I think they went for a dupe for Benefit's They're real, but with a more original twist.
 Here they are side by side: Revlon - Top, Benefit - bottom

Formula-wise - it's nothing like Benefit. They're are real has a dry finish , where you actually have to soak you lashes before you can wipe it with a remover. Photoready is on a soft side. Your lashes are not actually moist as with L'oreal Voluminous, but  if you have a tendency to get raccoon eyes quite easily, as I do - stay away from this mascara -  it smeared in about 3 hours. And another thing I didn't like - is what eventually is a good feature - the formula is highly pigmented - so when you wash your face make sure you took your eye-makeup first. A huge warning for sensitive eyed ladies - it does irritate my eyes a little bit even though there's no parabens in its formula.

But I do like the way it looks the first 3 hours

One layer

Two layers

Keep in mind that I only used 3D Volume twice - and may be if you let it air dry - the performance might significantly improve. I'm not quite sure if it will affect the senstivity factor though.

I am always looking for a better mascara so you recomendations are always welcome.

2 comments:

EveryDay Makeup blog said...

Ooohhh 3d mascara sounds interetsing. I'm a big fan of Maybelline mascara. Once I run out of my current mascara, I'll give this a try.

SkyBlueDream said...

I am very interested in your reveiw on this one. please do one, once you get it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...