Translate

Monday, March 14, 2011

Review: Yes to Tomatoes daily clarifying cleancer

*originally this post was waaay longer as I rambled on about my journey to a clear skin in about 5miles long text. But don't worry - now it's down to 3 miles ;)*

*Renee: review, review, focus!*

So, let's start, shall we?

Basically, it's a clear SCENTED gel formulated with tomatoes (who could have guessed!), watermelon and red tea extracts. Has no parabens, petroleum and SLS in it. And what is more important is CRUELTY FREE.

Yes to Tomatoes is formulated to clear up your complexion and it surely does! I've watched my break outs go from moderate and severe in the specific part of the month to mild and then occasional in about 3 weeks.

I think it works great for oily and combination skin as it seems to restore natural oil levels without being drying.

What is special about this cleanser is that you can realize how clean your face is. You see, when you apply it in the evening over makeup it just won't foam. Just work it through and let it melt away the foundation, wash it off and repeat.
When your face is clean on the surface the gel starts foaming up, meaning that now it's cleaning on a deeper level.




What I don't like is that it has a scent to it and a rather strong one. I was afraid it would break me out as my skin is highly intolerant to any fragrance added to skincare (so is my allergies). But nope, false alarm - no skin or sinus reactions so I guess I just have to bare with it. And I also think that the consistency of Yes to tomatoes gel is a bit too runny for such a type of a tube. Amount that is enough for a couple of washes ends up leaking out in the cap.

I cant say whether its better or worse than Korres White Tea cleanser as I was using them during different skin and weather conditions.

But stay tuned for another HG cleanser review, as my skin gets used to it and it slowly stops working as good as during the first month.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...