Translate

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Top 5 drugstore lipsticks

Lately, I've been really into lipsticks. That's why I've been reading a lot of blog posts on them. And currently I am under an impression that my life is incomplete without at least 10 million shades of lippies =)
Beauty bloggers can be so seducing.... And if you can't beat them - join them. So here comes my first lipstick post. These are drugstore buddies that are worth recommendations in my opinion.

How they look in tubes

Swatches (in the same order as on the previous picture)

A photo of my bare lips - to let you see the pigmentation 
And the case of point themselves

Cover Girl Tru Shine in number 400
 
A really lovely color - shimmery pale pink, buildable but tends to set in the lines if generously applied. Rather shiny hence the name.

Revlon ColorBurst in Soft nude
Creamy and peachy toned nude, that can tone down even rather pigmented lips. Surprisingly for a drugstore nude - not chalky at all. Does make your lips neither matte, nor glossy. I would say they look moisturized. 
 L'Oreal Colour Riche in Dune
A shimmery beige- brown color. Glossy finish and the infamous L'Oreal lipstick smell/taste.

Maybelline Color Sensational in Born with it
 
Love it! If you have green eyes and slight olive skin undertones - definitely give it a try. Really brightens up my complexion and makes my eye color stand out. Creamy, buildable and doesn't set in lines.

Maybelline Color Sensational Pearl series in Champagne Shimmer






Color pay off is poor but it really gives lips a pearl shimmer/sheen. I like to mix it with mattes or
nudes.
P.S. Looked through my post - feels creepy to see so many pictures of my lips. Hope I didn't scare you off.

12 comments:

Mimi said...

great colors! i really want a nude lipstick! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Renee said...

I also heard that Revlon's Colorburst in Blush is really adorable - a nude for a tanned skin. So far I don't have it. but we shall see =))

Marilou said...

Haha creepy creepy lips everywhere! I feel the same sometimes when I'm blogging. I love the revlon one, love nude colors in general ;-)

JMay said...

Prett Pretty lips!

Renee said...

thank you! :)

shineyglam said...

i love the natural look pink colours! so pretty!

xoxo,
shineyglam.blogspot.com
(FASHION, BEAUTY & WELL-BEING BLOG)

Jenn said...

I love the look of the Maybelline lipsticks, I have one in Amber Rose and its such a pretty colour, may have to pick up some more now!

Check out my blog if you have time, http://beautybloggings.blogspot.com

Jenn xx

Maddalena said...

nice colors!

Katastrophic said...

Okay, now I really have to get that soft nude. It looks fantastic on you

Renee said...

try it! it will surprise you in a good way!

lisaisa said...

Born with it is a dupe for angel kiss and champagne shimmer is gorgeous its the closest I can find as a dupe for mac's limited edition smash hit

lisaisa said...

Born with it is a dupe for angel kiss and champagne shimmer is gorgeous its the closest I can find as a dupe for mac's limited edition smash hit

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...