Translate

Friday, August 13, 2010

Review: Alba aloe & green tea oil-free moisturizer

So three weeks that you're supposed to give a new product to start working on your skin have already passed and here comes my review on Alba moisturizer.


I would like to start by telling that I got it specifically as deep hydrating cream as my skin was dried out after cystic acne attack and an enormous amount of treatments I packed on my skin at that time. And I was under no impression that it would be a light vanishing cream.

It caught  my attention as it is oil-free and somewhat natural.

But back to the point... I think Alba works great as a deep moisturizer. Whenever I apply at night I wake up with plump and lifted (not in anti-aging meaning of this word) skin. And if you apply it in the morning it's gonna tighten up your skin an let your make up slide on flawlessly. Lovely isn't it a deep moisturizer with a primer qualities. But here's a catch - first of all takes longer to be absorbed by your skin, prepare to save some time in the morning, and this cream leaves a thin film on the surface of your skin and after about 4-5 hours it turns into a greasy film. Not good, not good! And after I've been using it for about two weeks I started noticing that my skin is oiler than it was before. But I already have combination skin type, so a better thing would be to say that it doesn't keep my face less shinier as some other moisturizers do.

Make up wise - I've been using it under bare Essentials powder and I have a feeling it makes it come off faster, I'm not sure how it would cooperate with a liquid foundation though.

What I also don't like is that Alba moisturizer is rather runny and comes in a jar, and if you are a germ-freak like me you know what it means. So I ended up pouring a week lasting amount in a separate jar to bring contamination to minimum.

My verdict - great deep moisturizer, might be a life changer if you have a dry skin. If not I would recommend to use it once a day and you will get marvelous results! If only it came with a pump!

6 comments:

EveryDay Makeup (becky) said...

OMG thanks for doing this review. I've been wanting to try other stuff from Alba. I've only tried their green tea eye gel and i love it.

Penelope said...

Thanks for the review! I've not heard of this brand before. Thanks for commenting on my post and for that hair compliment! I was actually going to do a post about my haircare routine later on this month.One of my fave products though is Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss. It smooths air and adds a huge amount of shine.

bubblistyle said...

i'm always looking for different moisturizers to use, this looks fantastic! thanks for the review!
please check out my blog: bubblistyle
http://www.bubblistyle.blogspot.com

Renee said...

@ EveryDay Makeup (becky)
hm... green tea eye cream - this sounds like a great product - will definitely try to find it!
@ Penelope - I'll looking forward for this post! You can be a walking Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss Ad =) Will try this out - my hair is killing me right now

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Great review- Thanks-
I was looking at this cream the other day. I am a sucker for the green tea aspect of the name.

Renee said...

@ Ren- Lady Of The Arts - same with me - as soon as I see something botanic/organic/natural with green tea or rose extracts there's little chances that I won't end up getting it eventually

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...