Translate

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

N.Y.C IndividualEyes Custom Compact

I just can't resist anything that promises to emphasize my eye color. I often get compliments on it and guess I'm that vein that I can never get enough of it. Oh well!

So when I saw this in my Rite Aid a while ago I didn't hesitate on getting it. And aside the fact that it's supposed to bring out your eye-color, I like NYC eyeshadow quality. Quite nice for a drugstore and almost amazing for its price tag.

This is how it looks like in Green Eyes edition

(somebody, please, tell me why blogger rotates some of my pictures!!! uhhhh!!!)


It comes with 4 lovely, smooth and richly pigmented colors - a cream e/s base and an illuminator.


top - with a base, bottom - without

The base works really great for keeping the shadows on (I even had to use a soap to wash off the dark color swatches from my hand) but they become a bit streaky so you will have to blend a little bit more. And I do think his palette emphasizes my eye color.

I don't think much of the illuminator when applied in the inner corner. It dries faster then I manage to blend it as I personally prefer sheer luminosity, but as I have rather oily lids it creases in a couple of hours. Looks nice under the brow-bone but then again I only wear matte highlight there. I kinda like it in pictures though

7 comments:

Carrie said...

this looks great! i wish i had green eyes:D i love how it's creammy and pigmented:D

Carrie
http://www.readmylifeascarrie.blogpsot.com/

Katastrophic said...

Thanks for the swatches. I love these kind of compacts. The neutral colors are so lovely. I would love to see the shadows on you. :)

Renee said...

Kat, I'm still a bit too shy to show my face :)

Charming Vanity said...

Great swatches! I wish NYC is available in my country. =(
Can't seem to be able to find it online...anyway wonderful blog and post!
Thanks for following my blog. I just followed back! =)

Xoxo

Kristie said...

Thanks for the swatches. I've never used NYC shadows before.

Dandelion said...

have green eyes and love brown shades

Becca said...

Lovely make up ideas.
I have really blue eyes so I always use neutral colours as well.

www.beccasdaydreams.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...