Translate

Sunday, August 1, 2010

July favorites

So, here they are, my dearest friends of the month of July. I found myself using them consistently (which is a rare thing)




Clockwise starting from  the lip gloss

1.       Deborah Volume and color lip plumper – unfortunately I don’t know the name. It was on a box, and - though it’s very unlikely of me – I threw it away. This is the only lip plumper I can use – other provoke my allergies and my lips turn “too plump”. Comes off much lighter on the lips by the way.

2.       bareMinerals foundation in Light. It’s a bit too light for me in the summer but a bit of a bronzer changes that easily. I found that if I go one shade darker to - medium or medium beige - they seem too yellow, while golden medium seems too dark for me. Other than that – this is my HG foundation.

3.       Sonia Kashuk beautifying blush in Melon – I’m actually not a blush person. But one day I just woke up and decided I want a blush. As I had a bad experience with drugstore blushes before – they all seemed to break me out; I wanted to get something from Sephora. But as I live rather far from any of them and couldn’t go on the day of the “blush rush” – so I opted for this one. And I like it.

4.      Sephora by OPI in Havana Dreams – I think it’s not only a July favorite, but also a 2 year record setter – I don’t remember myself coming back to the same polish as often as I did to this.

5.       LancĂ´me Hypnose mascara – LOVE IT! My review on it you can find here.

6.        A nude eye shadow from Maybelline – have no idea on the name it’s a million years old. I use it very often – more often than any other eye shadow I own and it still seems to have left enough for a couple of months - hope I will be able to find a replacement when it's gone.

7.        A kiss of moisture hydrating lip care SPF4 by Nivea – I use it only as an overnight treatment (as you can guess SPF is very important at this point ;)) – I don’t like lip balms that live a film on the lips during the day.

8.        And the last but not the least – a Precision eye definer by Chanel with a “romantic” name – 61. I rediscovered it in my box about 3 months ago and I love it. It’s an intense gun-metal color.  Glides on smoothly but stays on if set with a bit of a shadow. It has only one down side – its discontinued in this shade:(((


That’s it. It’s a bit sad that there’s just one month of summer left, but on the other hand I already miss autumn fashion and colors a little bit.

6 comments:

Donna ♥ Baby said...

ive always wanted to try bare minerals foundation but i always hear mixed reviews on it.. so Ill probably just try it myself. but great products! i love the nail polish color!

Renee said...

same with me - I hesitated about a year before buying it.
then It took me a while to switch for the matte version just because everybody kept saying it's cakes up
after all, nobody can say how your skin will react
the polish is literally addicting ;))

Savannah said...

Nice favorites. That blush is really pretty, how much is it?

XX

Savannah

Renee said...

oh, thank you
$8.99 I believe - a sort of in the middle of drugstore and Sephora prices :))

Katastrophic said...

I like the bare minerals foundation too. :) I always go a shade darker rather than lighter - but then I have a yellow undertone.

Hahah, I have put myself on a ban but I may have to get Havana Dreams

Renee said...

I also have more of yellow-olive cool undertones while this ones are more of yellow-orange warm range - so unfortunately, I can't go a shade darker with them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...