Translate

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Review: EOS lip balm

When I was a kid my mom told me that there was no reason doing something I don’t want to just because everybody else does. I always follow her advice and it always does me good.

But that was until I came across beauty community online. There’s always something about the hyped products that just makes me think my life is incomplete without them.

And as much as I love beauty related blogs their hype proves my mom’s words rather often.

The one I’m talking about today is the famous EOS lip balm - that beautiful unusual egg-shaped organic lip balm. 
















I kept seeing it in the posts of the most reputable and loved bloggers, I looked for it in drugstores and even had to wait for almost a month until it hit my local Rite Aid.  By this time my rather vivid fantasy already proclaimed it the best thing out there. I was so glad when I got it in my hands (I even feel like saying happy won’t be a big lie). But after the very first use I knew something went wrong in out perfect romance. It felt like I was applying some weird mixture of butter and cold wax on my lips. And it doesn’t do anything special to my lips - just another lip balm, after some applications I think that it’s even a little bit drying. But this is just my experience with it. This balm might be a HG product for someone. We are all different. 

That’s when I started to realize, that I never came across a positive review on it all I saw was EOS lip balm featured in hauls and swaps. Stupid me! I could’ve at least paid more attention to that before craving and purchase.

Oh well, let’s at least hope that this will teach me not to believe the hype (I know people often tell me I’m too naïve).

Almost forgot - there is one thing I absolutely love about - it's the peachy smell/taste, I'm really tempted to bite a bit while applying.

What are your experiences with this balm?

Have a lovely day, sweethearts

Xoxo
Renee

10 comments:

The Beautifier said...

Nice post! I gotta try some EOS lip balms soon! xoxo

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

Just wanted to let you know I am having a giveaway for 6 M.A.C products.

http://funnyfacebeauty.blogspot.com

SkyBlueDream said...

@ The Beautifier Thank you! Please let me know what you think of it.

Srish said...

it looks so unusual...i wanna have it just cuz of its shape...lolz..

www.stylefashionetc.blogspot.com

SkyBlueDream said...

@Srish It does, and as Lollipop26 said - its a great conversation starter :)

Katastrophic said...

I have read enough reviews to know that this lip balm is not all that great, but I can't help but want it. It looks so soft, so edible, so different. I want to hold it in my arms like a baby egg.

I keep trying to read negative reviews to keep my desires at bay, but every picture I come across just makes me want it more. I am glad it is not the most accessible or cheapest product. I don't need more lip products, so I am trying really hard not to purchase.

Thank you for your post. :)

SkyBlueDream said...

Same with me, when I came across a blog just with a picture of it - it was a swap item - I fell in love with it. I think that if next time EOS puts as much effort in formulation as they did this time with the marketing and packaging we might get a super lip balm :)

Charming Vanity said...

Somehow that lipbalm attracts me alot after all the hype. I see some of my fav youtube gurus raving about this lipbalm and since then it has became my must have item!

Thanks for ur review! Now i'll think twice before getting it. =)

Price Scann said...

My husand thinks it smells like one of the erasers from his childhood...me I liked the package and the taste (green one), but after weeks of use I went back to Nivea. Nivea is soo much more moisturizing, really my lips don't care about the package. This product won't last long on the market.

Renee said...

Hey, Price Scann.
thanks for stopping by
I totally agree on Nevea
I hope that EOS come up with a new formulation, the packaging is really remarkable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...