Translate

Monday, July 19, 2010

Nail polish collection

I decided to start off with one of my favorite items at the moment - nail polishes.
So far I don't have a lot since I recently moved and left all my polishes to friends and family as they can be a mess while travelling, but I'm working on that.
So here are some of my little friends

A lonely Sephora by OPI couple

My current favorite Havana Dreams and infamous Metro chic



I have rather mixed feelings about these polishes - I absolutely love the colors and lasting time on my nails, but I totally hate the consistency I takes 2-3 coats to get somewhat opaque coverage. 






















excuse my chipped nails, though it's rather good for day 3 considering that I spend a lot of time dealing with water.

Next comes team Revlon

 (left to right) Lilac Pastelle - Gum drop - Minted

Love the colors, but to me they seem a bit too streaky. The Gum drop one actually smells like a bubblegum when dry, but I don't think much of that feature.

The most represented brand is Milani

Although I happen to like those polishes, their number is explained not by their exceptional quality, but because I happened to be stuck in a local CVS one day. Doesn't sound like a good excuse, oh well :))))




(left to right) Peach cream - She's so glitzy - PC girl - My network - Cyberspace - HI-Res

As you can probably see my favorite one is Peach cream. It's not much on the nails, but it really flatters complection.

Orly and Borghese 




Left to right

Borghese Cannoli Cream - got it as a gift and still haven't used it properly, from a swatch I can tell that it's rather sheer - I guess this one is meant for French manicures.

Orly Lift the Veil - my favorite pink at the moment. Love Orly's coverage. Staying power is OK.

Orly La Playa - on the nails comes up darker then in a bottle - it's a very deep blue - bright in sunlight and almost navy indoors. Found out that it chips a little bit more then a pink one.

What are your favorite colors? I am picking a "mud" color to add to my collection now, what would you choose Essie Mink Muffs, Chinchilly or OPI You don't know Jacques?

xoxo,

Renee


1 comment:

Beauty Addict said...

Revlon also doesn't perform that well on me... I'm still trying to find a way to make it work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...