Translate

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

my little weakness

You know that you're a beauty junkie when you spot a new product.

Today my friend and I went to a drugstore. There were two new lines of nail polishes (or at least none of us has never heard of it before) called  Professional and Confetti - I got into picking colors right after I read that they both are DBP, Toluene and Formaldehyde free (this is crucial for me). While my friend said that it's stupid of me to get a bunch of a products I know nothing about (gotta love friends for their honesty).

When I use my logics I totally agree with her - googling a product first and buying just one thing to sample after - is the best thing to do. But I just can't help myself when I'm on the loose in a drugstore. There were so many lovely colors, some were already sold out and some had just one item left, and something inside just started telling "get it while it lasts, for $2-4 you can't go wrong". Well, you can, and  5 polishes - that's already $10-20. And besides of foolishly wasted money very often you're also being left with a bunch of rubbish products that simply take up place in your drawers. Or am I the only one like that?

As for today I followed my friend's advice. Though I'll probably be back tomorrow. We shall see

6 comments:

Savannah said...

Haha! I am just like that, although my 'inner voice of reason' usually guilts me into not getting it! Unless I read a review on a blog, then I rush back to the store!

xx

Savannah

SkyBlueDream said...

It's good to have such a strong "inner voice of reason"
Mine seems to be on a summer break or something :)))

Mimi said...

i have noticed that going to the drugstore just to buy something that you really need (like say, toothpaste or something) ends up into a whole beauty shopping spree. my mom and i do that too, we see so many new products and we end up just getting them when we really should read up on them first. haha.

p.s. thanks for following my blog! :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

SkyBlueDream said...

did you ever end up forgetting to buy what you came for? because I did one time ;)))

Linda said...

hey
please follow my blog
i can follow you too. (:

Katastrophic said...

I have been loving to buy nail polishes too.

Drugstore buys are very dangerous. There are so many random things that don't cost much. You just keep piling things up in your basket until you've spent enough for a new pair of shoes. :(

I try to tell myself to refrain, check the ads and internet for deals and then come back later. Of course that does not work often.

I don't know what to do with all my random products I don't use either. :( I wish there were a simple solution to this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...